Updated: Jan 16, 2019
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (boiled or roasted, then cubed)
1 medium onion
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
12oz frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 premade rolled pie crusts
1 egg, beaten
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent.
3) Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Stir constantly for one minute or until lightly browned.
4) Add broth and milk. Continue stirring until thick and bubbly.
5) Add chicken and vegetables. Stir until combined. Remove from heat.
6) Spoon chicken mixture in to a crust lined pie pan.
7) Place second crust on top and seal with fork or pinch edges closed.
8) Cut a few slits in top crust for ventilation.
9) Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden brown. If edges begin to get too dark, cover crust edge with foil to prevent further darkening. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.