4 cups water
4 Tbsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp rosemary
1 Tbsp granulated garlic
4 chicken quarters, thawed
2 Meyer Lemons, juice
4 cloves over garlic, minced
1 stick butter
1) Add water, salt, pepper, rosemary and granulated garlic to a large bowl. Stir until salt is dissolved.
2) Add chicken to brine mixture and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
3) Remove chicken from refrigerator an hour before cooking to bring to room temperature.
4) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
5) Drain brine water, pat chicken dry and set aside.
6) Heat large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
7) Add chicken skin side down and brown to medium golden color.
8) Turn chicken skin side up, add butter, juice of 2 lemons and garlic to pan.
9) Spoon melted butter, lemon and garlic over chicken to coat.
10) Bake for 40-45 minutes or until internal temperature of 170 degrees. Baste chicken with pan drippings half way through cooking.