Orecchiette with Italian Sausage & Portabella Cream Sauce
16oz Orecchiette pasta
1lb Italian Sausage, ground
1 package, sliced Portabella mushrooms
1 bunch or 16oz of Mustard Greens, cleaned and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups of milk
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1) In a large skillet add olive oil and garlic. Sautee over medium-high heat until garlic is golden brown.
2) Add mustard greens and cook until wilted. Place this mixture in a mixing bowl and set aside.
3) Place skillet back onto the heat and fry sausage until fully cooked. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until tender. Add mixture bowl with greens.
4) Add butter and flour to skillet. Stirring continuously so that it does not burn. Add milk and whisk until slightly thickened.
5) Add greens, sausage and mushroom mixture to cream sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low until pasta is cooked.
6) Prepare oriecchette as directed on package.
7) Combine cooked oriecchette and cream sauce.
8) Serve with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.