Strawberry Pretzel Salad
For base: 2 and 1/2 cups pretzels, crushed
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
Filling: 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1 cup sugar 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
(2) 10 oz. bags of frozen or fresh strawberries, sliced
6 oz. Strawberry gelatin
2 cups water, boiling
1) Prebeat oven to 400°
2) Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and melted butter in mixing bowl.
3) Spray 9x13 dish with cooking spray and press pretzel mixture into the bottom of the dish.
4) Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
5) Cream together cream cheese and sugar. Once combined gently fold in Cool Whip.
6) Spread cream cheese mixture ontop of the pretzels. Be sure to spread it evenly all the way to the edge of the dish. This will prevent the gelatin from leaking into the pretzels.
7) Place into refrigerator while you prepare the gelatin.
8) Boiling 2 cups of water and dissolve gelatin into water. Once dissolved add strawberries (I used frozen and just threw them in. No need to defrost.) Allow the gelatin to set for a few minutes.
9) Pour gelatin over cream cheese mixture and put back into the refrigerator until gelatin is set.
Weight Watchers Adaptations:
- Replace sugar with Stevia or Sucralose (I prefer Sucralose as it measures like sugar).
- Replace cream cheese with fat free cream cheese
- Replace Cool Whip with fat free Cool Whip
- Replace strawberry gelatin with sugar free strawberry gelatin
- Pretzels and butter will still have points associated